Just a few weeks ago, I shared our excitement that our flagship advanced search product, Search Magic, was submitted to the Shopify App Store for review.
Today, I’m even more excited to share that the app is now available to the nearly 1M eCommerce stores on the Shopify platform! Our team has put nearly two years into reaching this milestone as part of our goal of making Search Magic available not only for Yahoo! Store and Shopify, but for BigCommerce as well.
Search Magic for Shopify is positioned to be one of the most affordable 3rd party search applications that’s out there, with pricing set at $19 a month for a store with 10,000 items or less, and $39 a month for stores with up to 50,000 items. Plus, we offer a 30-day free trial!
Search Magic Features:
- Instant Search / Auto Complete – Shows suggested search terms and products as you type them in the search box.
- Spelling Error Correction – When a misspelled word is detected, Search Magic displays a link with the correct word.
- Synonyms – easily setup synonyms for search terms, so if a user misspells a word or uses an alternate version of a word the products they were searching for will still be displayed.
- Filtering and Sorting – Sort by Search Relevancy, Name, Price Low to High, Price High to Low. Each Filter includes the option to show results for selected filter A AND selected filter B, or selected filter A OR selected filter B.
- Keyword Redirects – Redirect users to a specific page if a specific term is searched.
- Single Result Redirect – Optional feature that allows a single result term to auto-redirect directly to the item page.
- Bookmarkable Search Results – Bookmarking a search results page will automatically display the results when recalled.
- Adjust Search Results Order – Allows you to boost search results based on fields in Search Magic. (Example: You can boost specific brands to be ranked higher than other products.)
- SKU Search – Do a seperate search to match product SKU to redirect directly to the product.
- Suggested Products – When a search is conducted, Instant Search / Autocomplete will show suggested products based on search terms.
Layout / Design Features:
- Responsive / Mobile Friendly – Search Magic is built to be 100% compatible with all site designs including adaptive, responsive and mobile websites.
- Two Layouts to Choose From – Select either a horizontal or vertical layout for the filtering / sorting / pagination bar depending on the design of your store.
- Font & Colors – Font, colors and the overall look and feel of Search Magic’s search templates can be customized to match your store.
- Search Activity Reporting – Shows the most popular search terms, total number of searches, number of instant searches, average order value, total value of orders from search, and more.
- Admin Dashboard – Manage all your settings in one place with the app’s built-in dashboard.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is fully built in and visible from your admin dashboard.
Ready to add Search Magic to your Shopify store? All you need to do is visit this link: https://apps.shopify.com/search-magic and follow the steps in the setup wizard. We’ve designed the setup process to be quick and simple but, as always, we’re here to support you every step of the way should you have questions. Support options will be presented to you during the installation process.
For merchants who are currently on the BigCommerce platform, you’re next! Our team has been laying the groundwork for Search Magic to be available for you and I hope to have more information on availability later this year.