Today marks an important milestone in the history of Your Store Wizards. A day nearly two years in the making with our development team putting in a countless number of hours along with many late nights and weekends.
One of our company’s long-term goals is to expand the number of platforms our flagship advanced search application, Search Magic, is available for. Having been powering many of the largest eCommerce stores on the Yahoo! Store platform for several years, it was time to expand our reach.
Earlier today, we submitted the Search Magic app for inclusion in the Shopify Marketplace. Once it’s reviewed and approved by Shopify, Search Magic will be available to the nearly 1M stores on the platform.
As with the version for Yahoo! Store, Search Magic for Shopify is positioned to be one of the most affordable 3rd party search applications that’s packed with features, including:
- Instant Search / Auto Complete – Shows suggested search terms and products as you type them in the search box.
- Spelling Error Correction – When a misspelled word is detected, Search Magic displays a link with the correct word.
- Synonyms – easily setup synonyms for search terms, so if a user misspells a word or uses an alternate version of a word the products they were searching for will still be displayed.
- Filtering and Sorting – Sort by Search Relevancy, Name, Price Low to High, Price High to Low. Each Filter includes the option to show results for selected filter A AND selected filter B, or selected filter A OR selected filter B.
- Keyword Redirects – Redirect users to a specific page if a specific term is searched.
- Single Result Redirect – Optional feature that allows a single result term to auto-redirect directly to the item page.
- Bookmarkable Search Results – Bookmarking a search results page will automatically display the results when recalled.
- Adjust Search Results Order – Allows you to boost search results based on fields in Search Magic. (Example: You can boost specific brands to be ranked higher than other products.)
- SKU Search – Do a seperate search to match product SKU to redirect directly to the product.
- Suggested Products – When a search is conducted, Instant Search / Autocomplete will show suggested products based on search terms.
Layout / Design Features:
- Responsive / Mobile Friendly – Search Magic is built to be 100% compatible with all site designs including adaptive, responsive and mobile websites.
- Two Layouts to Choose From – Select either a horizontal or vertical layout for the filtering / sorting / pagination bar depending on the design of your store.
- Font & Colors – Font, colors and the overall look and feel of Search Magic’s search templates can be customized to match your store.
- Search Activity Reporting – Shows the most popular search terms, total number of searches, number of instant searches, average order value, total value of orders from search, and more.
- Admin Dashboard – Manage all your settings in one place with the app’s built-in dashboard.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is fully built in and visible from your admin dashboard.
While Search Magic isn’t publicly available in the Shopify Marketplace yet, current Your Store Wizards clients who are on Shopify, are invited to participate in a pre-launch program giving you free access to Search Magic in exchange for a little tire kicking. If you’d like to be a part of this exciting program, just email me at email@example.com.
Of course, I’ll be sure to provide an update once Search Magic is live and available for the entire Shopify ecosystem.
For merchants who are currently on the BigCommerce platform, you’re next! Our team has been laying the groundwork for Search Magic to be available for you and I hope to have more information on availability later this year.
All of us at Your Store Wizards are extremely excited about our first app built for Shopify and I would be remiss if I didn’t take the opportunity to thank our App Dev team, under the leadership of Don Cole, for all the hard work and dedication to getting this product launched.