Just a few weeks ago, I shared our excitement that our flagship advanced search product, Search Magic, was submitted to the Shopify App Store for review.
Today, I’m even more excited to share that the app is now available to the nearly 1M eCommerce stores on the Shopify platform! Our team has put nearly two years into reaching this milestone as part of our goal of making Search Magic available not only for Yahoo! Store and Shopify, but for BigCommerce as well.
Search Magic for Shopify is positioned to be one of the most affordable 3rd party search applications that’s out there, with pricing set at $19 a month for a store with 10,000 items or less, and $39 a month for stores with up to 50,000 items. Plus, we offer a 30-day free trial!
Search Magic Features:
- Instant Search / Auto Complete – Shows suggested search terms and products as you type them in the search box.
- Spelling Error Correction – When a misspelled word is detected, Search Magic displays a link with the correct word.
- Synonyms – easily setup synonyms for search terms, so if a user misspells a word or uses an alternate version of a word the products they were searching for will still be displayed.
- Filtering and Sorting – Sort by Search Relevancy, Name, Price Low to High, Price High to Low. Each Filter includes the option to show results for selected filter A AND selected filter B, or selected filter A OR selected filter B.
- Keyword Redirects – Redirect users to a specific page if a specific term is searched.
- Single Result Redirect – Optional feature that allows a single result term to auto-redirect directly to the item page.
- Bookmarkable Search Results – Bookmarking a search results page will automatically display the results when recalled.
- Adjust Search Results Order – Allows you to boost search results based on fields in Search Magic. (Example: You can boost specific brands to be ranked higher than other products.)
- SKU Search – Do a seperate search to match product SKU to redirect directly to the product.
- Suggested Products – When a search is conducted, Instant Search / Autocomplete will show suggested products based on search terms.
Layout / Design Features:
- Responsive / Mobile Friendly – Search Magic is built to be 100% compatible with all site designs including adaptive, responsive and mobile websites.
- Two Layouts to Choose From – Select either a horizontal or vertical layout for the filtering / sorting / pagination bar depending on the design of your store.
- Font & Colors – Font, colors and the overall look and feel of Search Magic’s search templates can be customized to match your store.
- Search Activity Reporting – Shows the most popular search terms, total number of searches, number of instant searches, average order value, total value of orders from search, and more.
- Admin Dashboard – Manage all your settings in one place with the app’s built-in dashboard.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is fully built in and visible from your admin dashboard.
Ready to add Search Magic to your Shopify store? All you need to do is visit this link: https://apps.shopify.com/search-magic and follow the steps in the setup wizard. We’ve designed the setup process to be quick and simple but, as always, we’re here to support you every step of the way should you have questions. Support options will be presented to you during the installation process.
For merchants who are currently on the BigCommerce platform, you’re next! Our team has been laying the groundwork for Search Magic to be available for you and I hope to have more information on availability later this year.
Last month, we let you know about an exciting change with Google Shopping. A change, that for some merchants, can be a nice shot in the arm. In an effort to stimulate online sales and offer merchants with limited marketing budgets the opportunity to list products in Google Shopping, the search giant made participation in Shopping free.
Continue reading “Google Shopping is Free and so is this Must-Read eBook”
With the majority of the country under stay-at-home orders due to COVID-19, online shopping has been a lifesaver for many looking to have items ranging from groceries to clothing delivered to their homes while bricks-and-mortar stores are closed.
Many eCommerce store owners are experiencing order volume normally seen in the weeks leading up to Christmas. In fact, according to the Adobe Digital Economy Index, eCommerce saw a 49% increase in daily sales* with electronics sales seeing a 58% increase in April 2020.
Continue reading “April 2020 eCommerce Sales Soar to Holiday-like Levels”
Today marks an important milestone in the history of Your Store Wizards. A day nearly two years in the making with our development team putting in a countless number of hours along with many late nights and weekends.
One of our company’s long-term goals is to expand the number of platforms our flagship advanced search application, Search Magic, is available for. Having been powering many of the largest eCommerce stores on the Yahoo! Store platform for several years, it was time to expand our reach.
Continue reading “Search Magic Coming Soon to Shopify – How to Get Early Access”
COVID-19 has changed the world in many ways. Grocery store aisles are no longer two-way streets. Pizza delivery is now “contactless.” Restaurants are either closed or coming up with creative ways to offer to-go or curbside pickup.
While traditional bricks-and-mortar businesses are learning to adapt to the changing environment, so is eCommerce. With nearly 95% of the American population under stay-at-home orders, some eCommerce store owners are experiencing sales levels they have never seen before. Unfortunately, some are not so lucky.
Continue reading “How COVID-19 Changed the Face of eCommerce”
It’s now free for merchants to sell products on Google. Yes, you read that right. But before you get all excited thinking you can save a ton on advertising costs read on.
Allowing merchants to list their products for free in Google Shopping was something the search giant planned to roll out at a later date. However, they cited the current COVID-19 situation as the impetus to accelerate their plan in an attempt to help business owners – specifically those who don’t have the ad budgets to list their products.
Continue reading “How to Sell on Google for Free: A Guide for eCommerce Merchants”
We recently asked our clients to participate in an anonymous survey to determine the impact COVID-19 is having on their eCommerce business. Some key findings on the survey include:
- The largest percentage of respondents, 27.59%, have seen an increase of 50% or more in their sales.
- Pay-Per-Click advertising and email marketing are top channels respondents are focusing their marketing efforts on.
- 29.41% of respondents have pulled back or cut Search Engine Optimization efforts.
- 30.43% of respondents laid off of furloughed workers due to COVID-19, while 13% hired additional employees.
- Nearly half of those surveyed did not apply for the federal Paycheck Protection Program loans.
Continue reading “Infographic: Your Store Wizards COVID-19 eCommerce Impact Survey Results”
You may have heard of a free time-saving tool we introduced a while back called Magic Edit. This Google Chrome extension was designed to save time while editing an eCommerce store by replacing multiple mouse clicks with quick short-cuts.
Over the past few months, our app development team has been hard at work building a new multiplatform version of Magic Edit that offers even more useful features and is compatible with Yahoo! Store, BigCommerce^, Shopify, and WordPress.
Continue reading “Now Available! Magic Edit Multiplatform – A Free Tool for Yahoo! Store, Shopify, BigCommerce and WordPress”
Surprise! In case you haven’t logged into your Yahoo! Store yet today you may want to before reading on as we don’t want to be the ones to spill the beans before you find out about some changes that occurred overnight.
For those of you who are OK with us spoiling it, Yahoo! took out the paintbrush and feather duster and gave the backend a bit of a refresh. While nothing functionally changed (although we’re a sucker for new feature releases) this update got rid of the yellow and green look that has been around… well, for a long time!
Continue reading “Yahoo! Small Business Store Update April 23, 2020”
When it comes to collecting sales tax on online purchases, we can collectively agree that the task seems daunting. Between adding new locales, updating rates, collecting, reporting, and submitting payment, the whole process can cause many a sleepless night!
At the end of the day, it’s not a matter of whether or not you have to collect sales tax, it comes down to when. With that in mind, it’s important to know that when the time comes, there’s a solution that makes the whole process simple and easy.
Continue reading “Free Download: Top Questions for Sales Tax Collection on BigCommerce from TaxJar”