We recently asked our clients to participate in an anonymous survey to determine the impact COVID-19 is having on their eCommerce business. Some key findings on the survey include:
- The largest percentage of respondents, 27.59%, have seen an increase of 50% or more in their sales.
- Pay-Per-Click advertising and email marketing are top channels respondents are focusing their marketing efforts on.
- 29.41% of respondents have pulled back or cut Search Engine Optimization efforts.
- 30.43% of respondents laid off of furloughed workers due to COVID-19, while 13% hired additional employees.
- Nearly half of those surveyed did not apply for the federal Paycheck Protection Program loans.
Respondents were asked for their estimate on when we will see signs of an economic recovery. The majority, 65.52%, feel it won’t be until 2021.
Check out our infographic below for more detailed results from our COVID-19 eCommerce Impact Survey. A PDF version is also available for download by clicking here.
Scott Sanfilippo began his eCommerce journey in 1994 by co-founding one of the Internet’s first online retailers, TheFerretStore.com, which was acquired by PetCo in 2006. In 2001, he co-founded the eCommerce design and marketing firm Solid Cactus, which was acquired by web.com in 2009. Today, Scott is the General Manager of Your Store Wizards and is part of the Cast that makes happiness at the “Most Magical Place on Earth.” Scott lives in Delray Beach and Orlando, FL. Scott can be contacted at email@example.com.