When it comes to on-site search for your eCommerce store, some merchants opt to just stick with the search that comes standard with the platform. For small stores with just a few items, basic search functionality is probably sufficient. However, if you have more than a hundred items, you’re going to need a more robust search application.
Third-party advanced search apps, like Search Magic from Your Store Wizards, offer additional features such as instant search and synonyms to help shoppers connect with products quickly, while single result redirects and suggested products work to increase conversions and order value.
Years ago when we set out to build Search Magic, we had one goal in mind – “create an affordable, featured-packed advanced search application that makes store owners money.” Our app development team continually plans out additional features and enhancements based on that goal.
What started off as a search application for Yahoo! Store merchants, in 2020 Search Magic was launched for BigCommerce and Shopify giving store owners on those platforms an affordable alternative to more expensive search applications without compromising features.
A quick look at this feature comparison chart shows how Search Magic compares with other popular search apps:
Recently one of our long time clients, Shop Wild Things, came to us to migrate their Yahoo! Store over to BigCommerce and make Search Magic the on-site search application and gave the app a five-star review in the BigCommerce app store:
We have worked with YourStoreWizards for more than 15 years on a store that was hosted on another platform. It was because I knew that they were working with BigCommerce that I had the courage to make a change.
We are using Search Magic in two ways:
- We are using their Search Tool: Search Magic is a MUCH more robust search than what’s baked into BigCommerce and is an absolute must for serious store owners. Good search results will translate into good sales, and the tool will pay for itself on the first day.
- We are using the Category Page organization drag and drop feature. We need for every item in our store to be in our chosen location on category pages. The “sort number” system that BigCommerce uses is way too hard to use, especially if your items are in more than one category.
We were using another vendor for both of these functionalities and it worked very well but it was much more expensive, cumbersome, and getting technical assistance was painfully slow. I do not mind paying a lot for great service but Search Magic is more affordable, MUCH easier for us to use, and performs beautifully.
If you want to work with a US-based company, one who understands that if your site is not functioning correctly you are losing money, and ones who don’t complain when they have to fix things that others break….this is the team you want to work with.
Trying to figure out if Search Magic is for you?
- Are you selling more than 100 items and using your platform’s standard search?
- Does your current search offer similar functionality but costs more and has you locked into a contract?
- Is your current search missing many of the features Search Magic has?
- Are you looking for a search application that pays for itself by increasing order value?
If you answered yes to any of those questions it’s time to switch to Search Magic!
- BigCommerce users can install Search Magic by clicking here and taking advantage of our free trial.
- Shopify users can install Search Magic by clicking here and taking advantage of our free trial.
- Yahoo! Store users can contact us about Search Magic.
If you’re not quite ready and would like to learn more, or request a demo, simply fill out the form below and we’ll set up a time to chat.
[contact-form to=”email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org” subject=”Search Magic Inquiry”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Please contact me about Search Magic and to schedule a demo.” type=”checkbox”][/contact-form]