If you’re an eCommerce store owner, monitoring your Google Merchant Center account for alerts, errors, feed issues, important updates, etc. is something you should be doing on a regular basis. However, we realize that many times emails that are designed to make you aware of potential issues with your feed or specific products may be ignored or put off for a later time.
Even the smallest delay in responding to a critical alert in your Merchant Center account can lead to your product feed being temporarily disabled leading to a loss in sales. Whether you use a 3rd party to manage your online advertising, do it yourself, or just participate in the free Google Shopping program, regular monitoring of your Merchant Center account is crucial.
Your Store Wizards MerchantObserver is designed to take this task off your to-do list while making sure you’re not missing out on any issues with your store. We do all the leg work for you, starting out with a comprehensive review of your product feed. We’ll dive into what data you’re currently submitting and provide you with recommendations on what data you should be including and why, as well as our recommendations on how to improve your product feed for better performance.
After the feed review, we link your Merchant Center account to our MerchantObserver monitoring service where we:
- Monitor your items for any alerts/errors that may impact their visibility in Google Shopping;
- Provide guidance and/or assistance with rectifying any alerts/errors;
- Provide guidance and/or assistance with any changes that need to be made to items, feeds, etc., due to required updates from Google;
- Let you know in advance of any changes Google will be making and whether or not it will impact your feed or products;
- Help with determining why products were banned and suggest ways to get them relisted, however final determination to relist is at the discretion of Google.
Monitoring is done on a regular basis, not by artificial intelligence but, by an actual Your Store Wizards support specialist trained in Google Merchant Center.
MerchantObserver has an initial fee of $199, which includes the comprehensive feed review, and a recurring monthly service fee of $30 for ongoing Merchant Center monitoring.
This service is compatible with all websites and eCommerce platforms including:
- Yahoo! Store
- Your platform not listed? Contact us!
Use the checklist below determine whether or not MerchantObserver is right for you:
Does a 3rd party manage your online advertising (PPC and CSE) accounts? If “yes,” ask them:
- If they’re monitoring Merchant Center for alerts and feed errors;
- If they’re actively working to resolve those errors;
- If they’re updating your feed to include new required or recommended fields.
If the answer to one or more questions is “no,” you need MerchantObserver!
Do you manage your own online advertising (PPC and CSE) accounts or participate in the free Google Shopping program? If “yes,” ask yourself these questions:
- Am I using a third party feed service to submit my feed?
- Am I monitoring my Merchant Center account on a regular basis?
- Do I know how to correct feed or product errors?
- Do I know what fields I should be submitting for my feed?
If you answered “no” to one or more of the questions, you need MerchantObserver!
Scott Sanfilippo began his eCommerce journey in 1994 by co-founding one of the Internet’s first online retailers, TheFerretStore.com, which was acquired by PetCo in 2006. In 2001, he co-founded the eCommerce design and marketing firm Solid Cactus, which was acquired by web.com in 2009. Today, Scott is the General Manager of Your Store Wizards and is part of the Cast that makes happiness at the “Most Magical Place on Earth.” Scott lives in Delray Beach and Orlando, FL. Scott can be contacted at email@example.com.